black n white flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikefromny, Jan 17, 2007.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

anybody know where to order some online ? i got a local company that sends out mailings with the postal service for only .03 cents a flyer so im looking to order some in black and white maybe 10,000 of them , anybody know of any places online?

2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

To each his own, but personally I would not recommend sending out black and white flyers. Your marketing piece is a direct reflection of your company. If it is a blah looking black and white piece of paper, blah is what people will look at. I know you are thinking about budget, but think about how you would like potential customers to view your business. Professional Landscaper..... or the lawn boy down the street. Just thought I would give you my view. Good Luck

3. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

how can they mail out flyers for 3 cents when postage is .39??

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I am on the fence about "fancy shmancy" full colored flyers vs. a simple black and white. I handed out about 100 black and whites last year I made from a program I have and they turned out really nice but in B/W. I got 4 new customers out of it, I figured thats not too bad for an hours worth of work. But if you are having them mailed out by a company then I would suggest a more colorfull flyer, something that will catch their eye.

5. mikefromny

its a insert in there mailing , its like a pennysaver to have your own flyer inserted into is .03 cents ,

6. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

What was the hours worth of work? I highly doubt you.....designed the flyers, printed them and handed them out in a hour.

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Ok maybe 2 hrs wording it and setting it up and about an hour handing them out.

8. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

No biggee. Wasnt trying to bust your ass..Not sure of your flyer but in the right neighborhoods my wife and stepdaughter tell me they put out 100 flyers a hour:weightlifter:

9. mikefromny

suburban area ? where houses are not too far spread apart ?

10. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I am going to send out 15,000 and I thought I had a deal with 15 cents. Who is sending them out? Why not do post cards you can probably do up some nice post cards full color check hotcards.com they do all my printing I love them