Black Pearl

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Feb 28, 2008.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

2. James Cormier

from Ma

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

boy that looks like the unit i sold a guy over in Mass., well he and i swapped units, he gave me a Centri and i gave him that! LOL...you remember him? aww i don't think you'd like that one, it doesnt have the GPS unit nor does it handle the corners like THE DUCK! :waving: BTW check your PM!

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good....anyone have one?

$8K price....kinda high?

5. James Cormier

from Ma

:laugh:
    Wise guy

Is that you calling me right now?

If so call the house, you still got that number?

Funny story with the pg I got from you. Last fall I couldn't get the thing to stop dripping from the nozzles. The guy at PG was very helpful, and I ended up replacing every inch of the spray system and the dam thing kept leaking.

So finally Doug ( I think that's the name of the guy from PG ) says well the only other suggestion I got for fixing this problem is....Have you seen the new magnum?

It cracked me up!

But a few days later I bought one from my local Lesco.

6. James Cormier

from Ma

I see they are made close to me, Next week I plan on doing some riding so I will take the bike down and check them out.

I will tell the guy I'm the official LS rep :laugh:

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Let me know if that works! :laugh:

8. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

We had a demo for a couple hours this past fall, The rep was very friendly and it seemed like a nice family owned company but overall my impression the overall machine felt very cheap and light, durability will be a big issue for this ride on, I always feel the less wiring and gadgets a ride on has the happier you will be, that's why the Magnum does so well, it may not be the greatest ride on in the world but they really learned thier lesson after all the headaches with the gadgets "Ultra" too much wires + fertilizer and weed controls = downtime.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Wires = Problems.

I hear all these nightmares about older Permagreens with the electric pumps, etc...