1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

black seats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard1103, Jun 18, 2007.

1. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

what are these mfg thinking when they put a black seat on mower ? do they think it 70 degrees every day come out in real world and sit down on one of these hot seat .when you get off of it for 2 minutes to move something they are very hot use tan ,light Gray ,or white i would rather have a dirty seat then a hot a$$ . sometimes you think you have 2nd degree burn .

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Should have got a Gravely.

My 260z 016.jpg

3. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

i think gravely has just changed i the last year or two i bought a pair years ago walk behind i have mowed with gravely z i was not impressed

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, Gravely was guilty also until just a short time ago.

5. tralfaz

tralfaz LawnSite Member

I've told guys at Expo they ought to change the seat color. Gravely still has ads that have the black seat. Any time I see a mower with a black seat it's a major turnoff to me with that brand. The rest of the mower may be fine but it makes me think the manufacturers are out of touch.

6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Every Scag I've seen has a tan seat. Mine gets warm "butt" not hot...:laugh: ..

7. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

my yellow one gets warm to but not hot.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

My seat gets..........wait i don't have a seat.....so no hot a$$ over hear..:rolleyes: :cool2: :cool2:

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I never understood that, I agree I'd also rather have a dirty white seat, mine's black as well.
    This problem has been like that for a good 5-10 years, probably longer.
    It's not just them, go to Northern or anyplace sells replacements seats: 90% of them black!

One thing I did find that helps, on my warrior I can tilt the seat up (like when doing repairs to the engine etc) and it stays in place... Flipping the seat up helps keep it cooler, looks kinda odd but I don't care. A white towel would work, but it wouldn't stay in place traveling...

10. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

That mower looks like it's worth more than those two trucks put together in that picuture :laugh: