1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

blackberry job help???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by starkslawncare, Apr 1, 2014.

1. starkslawncare

starkslawncare LawnSite Member

hi im pretty new to all the biz. I have a lil question. I got a call about a brush/ blackberry removal job and the guy said its about 60ft by 80ft and he wants to burn it all. my question would be how much would I charge to do such a job. need a lil help I have no idea. thank you

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about lighting a fire? Don't know about you but my insurance company would just love that. Don't think it would kill off the blackberries anyway.

3. starkslawncare

that's what the guy wants to do.

4. starkslawncare

light it all up. and control it.

5. windflower

Ask you insurance agent. He could probably use a good laugh. The liability here is not worth the $.

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

7. shane-pa

shane-pa LawnSite Senior Member

cut them down, haul out the waste, dig out the roots. the only way to get rid of them. burning will not work.

8. CPE

CPE LawnSite Member

I'd be eating and selling the **** out of those berries. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. windflower

I was just reminded that goats love blackberries. Mine are in the back yard eating the honeysuckle and blackberries out of the azaleas.

10. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

hack them down with long handle hedge trimmer, throw onto the lawn and run over them with a Billy Goat or DR brush mower and mulch them into the yard