Blackberry

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Red Wagon, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Does anybody have the nextel 7100 blackberry? If so what do you think of it?I can't believe sprint only offers one blackberry with 2 way capability.

2. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 7520 works great plus i get and send email from the job sites

3. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I use the 7520 as well but am looking to upgrade to the 7100

4. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

I have the 7100, works good. I don't surf the web too much, just not fast enough. I do use the web feature to look at the weather radar when I am out in the field sometimes. I receive email from all 3 of my accounts on it, can be a little much sometimes.

I originally chose the blackberry because my customer contact list is always growing and I was tired of inputting all the new names and numbers. Now I put them in Outlook once and the Blackberry syncs up and loads all the Outlook info. Contacts, tasks, calender,,,, all of it.

Hope this helps.

5. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. Anybody else?

6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

i do not have one, but was looking into once also, i would think it would be nice to check local radar when out plowing or in the summer months when doing weekly maintance.

7. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 8820 W/E about a week ago and don't know how i lived with out it. email and web on the go. now if a customer completes the "contact us"portion on my website, i get it in a few moments vs. the end of the day. it says a lot when you call someone back that fast.

8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a BB Curve two days ago. And love it already. One step closer to a mobile office.

9. Cantona

Cantona LawnSite Member

I have the 7100, it is definatley usefull but limited.

Pros: most comercial customers want to communicate via email and this makes it easy to be right on top of anything

Checking the weather on the internet
    The scheuler is ok

Cons: It is an awful phone
    We have already bought 8 as a company because the useful life seems to be under a year
    It does not real function great with windows and there are not a lot of people righting software for it.

10. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Sprint Blackberry 7130e, I dont know how I ever did business w/o it. I would highly recomend getting one and implamenting it into your business. The calender really helps out with scheduling, and being able to send/recive emails is a huge +