Blade Balancer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, May 30, 2004.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

im going to invest in a good blade balancer in the next few days and wanted to get some opinions on different brands, what are you guys using

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

As the subjects in tha past 2 weeks goes. I would say the Magna-matic is by far the best in the market. I own one and can't believe I went without it for such a long period of time.

Tim

3. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Magna Matic, it is fool proof. Need I say more?

4. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

where did yall get them

5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

MagnaMatic all the way.
    Foolproof to use, built VERY well.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I doubt very many people have tried more than one. So everyone's view is going to be skewed. But I think you'll find the consensus is that Magna-Matic makes the best one on the market. I just got my first one last week. I love it.

7. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Click on that banner up there at the top of the page, I think you can buy direct.

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

A blade balancer is a device that utilizes ball bearings to allow the blade to turn easily and show which side is more heavily weighted.

For the past four years I have been using two 5/8" bearings, from a bearing house, with a 1/4" center hole. I have them mounted on a 1/4" lag bolt with a nylon spacer behind them. The spacer allows the bearings to protrude out from the edge of a shelf. I then just slide each blade on the two bearings to check the balance. The cost is less than $3.

This is an idea I got from Eric Elm and it has been a WONDERFUL tool for me.

9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I just bought a cheapo from a company called Screw-Driver. It's real easy to use and can tighten hose clamps a.swell:)

10. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

LMAO!! That cracked me up! I was drinking milk when I read that last part and ... well, it came out my nose.