1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blade Blocker By TrimmerTrap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by moe sizlack, Mar 24, 2008.

1. moe sizlack

moe sizlack LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried this product. Its blade blocker by trimmertrap. Looks kinda cheap, but never seen it up close. Maybe another simmilar product? Any imput would help. The video is on www.trimmertrap.com
  2. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I looked at the trimmer trap and ended up buying the director from York Sheet Metal for $235. The director is pretty heavy duty and easy to install, wiorks great too.
  3. moe sizlack

I figured there had to be something a little better than that blade blocker. Looked pretty weak. Could probably fab something better. Ill check that out. thanks
  4. moe sizlack

I just contacted york sheet metal. The only produce the director for Ex mark lazer decks. Using on a Hustler super 60
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the blade blocker and it works ok. The instructions suck. I will probably buy another one unless I see something better.
  6. moe sizlack

thanks for the heads up.
  7. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

what exactly does the blade blocker do?
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

check out the ones i made and posted a bit ago, thread about custum ocdc in mowing section of this forum
  9. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you so much!!! I have been looking for this style trimmer rack for about five years and two racks ago. I wish I saw this last summer I bought one that needs bungee chords to keep it closed so the trimmers dont fall out. The Lco I used to work for has had the same rack for about fifteen years. I know this post wasn't for this but thanks!!
  10. moe sizlack

The Blade blocker is esentially a mulch cover for your deck discharge that you can flip down when discharging towards a landscape bed to prevent clippings from flying into the bed. Pretty cool concept, but weak construction.