blade blocker from trimmer trap? anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Apr 27, 2006.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

My new to me 60 TT really can throw some grass and this might be nice around areas that i dont want the clippings. Has anyone tried this, or have another suggestion? Thanks

2. The Chubster

The Chubster LawnSite Member

I have the same dilema...I just made a post about the Grass Baffle from J. Thomas.

3. Lazerj

Lazerj LawnSite Member

I have an ezchute on my new Exmark 66 and love it. They also have them for the walkbehinds.

4. TNLC owners

TNLC owners LawnSite Member

I recently installed a blade blocker from Trimmer Trap on my 52" Gravely ztr for this season. After about three weeks of use, it's still doing fine. The installation was a little tricky, but I'm not all that mechanically inclined to begin with. If you are looking for an ocdc, I would definetly consider the one from Trimmer Trap.

5. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

I purchased the Grass Baffle from J-Thomas for my Turf Tiger and it turns out that it is actually the blade blocker made by Trimmer Trap. The box it comes in has the name Trimmer Trap right on it.

I just installed it this past weekend and have only used it once so far. I like the design and it's easy to use. The directions were not very clear for the install but, once I got into it, it all came together fine.

6. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I have a John Deere M665 with a 60" Deck and also want to get an OCDC. Which one can I buy that will work for my mower?

7. Mr Ricochet

Mr Ricochet LawnSite Member

I also must quit throwing clippings into beds and need an OCDC. I talked to the people at Timmer Trap and was told that I can't use my bagger with it. Is there another OCDC that I can install and still use my bagger............I have a 48 Metro. Thanks for any help guys.

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The blade blocker is great. Installation instructions suck.

Trimmer Trap needs to fix this, it's not that hard to install, but the directions are horrible.

But I have 2 and they work PERFECTLY.

The hell with adding a bagger, that's just silly. If you need to tho, just loosen 2 bolts and move the bottom part of the BB out of the way, no problem!

9. Mr Ricochet

Mr Ricochet LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info naturescape. I hate bagging but there are times when I get a call about a yard that is 5 inches tall and, then I will bag it. But with a little work you do think I can disassemble part of the Trimmer Trap Blade Blocker and then bag?

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, like I said, all you have to do is remove the 2 bolts that attach the blocker over the chute, then swing the BB out of your way, maybe attach it with a tie till your done bagging, that will get it secured out of your way.