Blade Blockers ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JClawncare, Apr 12, 2006.

1. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

Is anyone using blade blockers? If so, are they any good and do they really work? Any input good or bad about them. I have been thinking about getting them for my mowers. Did a search couldn't't find anything on them.

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i don't have the brand (blade blocker) ,but i just brought an ocdc brand name ezchute and love it to death ,been mulching for the last three years ,but i think ocdc are the way to go in my opinion ,just did a lawn that hasn't been cut for awhile ,with weeds 10 inches tall would have been tough to just mulch but with chute open had no problem cutting at all then one more pass with chute closed you can get blade blocker at http://www.trimmertrap.com/ good luck

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Try searching 'OCDC'.

I have an Advanced Chute System and it works good to keep grass from blowing where I don't want it and I love it for leaves in the fall. I block the chute and mulch the leaves working from the perimeter into the middle of the lawn where there is a narrow stripe a mulched leaves for me to suck up.

All in all a good investment.

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, you can go to www.wechapps.com they have one i think its called the grasshandler. :waving:

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive