bLADE cOMBO qUESTION

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Which double blade combo would work best for mulching without using gators or mulchers?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

2 regular lift blades or a regular lift and a high lift work nice together especially when the grass is wet.

3. Vibe Ray

Do u guys think that a hilft on bottom w/ a lo lift on top would work alright? The problem is that my dealer says that exmark doesn't make reg or med lifts for the 44" deck.....?

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I don't think any Mfgs make their own blades. I think they are made by someone else to each Mfgs specifications.

I read on another thread you are using mulching baffles. I have not tried doubles on a mulcher mower since I don't have one bigger than a 21". If I were to try it, I would use 2 of the lower lift blades to prevent blowout from the deck.

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

if you are still using the mulching baffles can you report on how well the doubles work. I am thinking about buying an exmark for the mulch feature and i want to see what you have to say about it.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i started using the light wt 18 universal as primary
    and top blade. excellent lift,very smooth cut,with much less blade engage noise.if it holds up in heavy grass ,it might be the way i go.

7. Vibe Ray

Lawnmaster, I will tell u how it works, my dealer is currently ordering them.
    And AWM, could u explain these light weight 18 universals a little more?

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I use highlifts and Gators many times, but for wetter and thicker grass, I prefer to use a highlift with a low lift mulching (multilevel) blade on top.