1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blade difference

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, May 7, 2005.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Can any body tell me the difference between a (crank blade ) and the (standard blade ) ? I am ordering blades for myself as well as neighbors, and I really dont know what the diiference would be. Any info would be helpful for me, thanks in advance.
  2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

What is a crank blade?
  3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Is that like a razor? Used to slice cocaine or something? A crank blade?
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of a crank blade.......sorry, I'm not much help.
  5. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

never heard of a crank blade, but i've had to replace a few muffler bearings in my time!!! seriously, deereman i can only assume that you run deere equipment , deere offers a standard blade and a highlift blade, they also spec predator blades which are similar to gators, dont use the predators they are nearly worthless , as are the standard blades! i run 4 deeres 2 757s 2 777s and they all have the highlifts on them
  6. deereman

from USA

In both of my magazines from J THOMAS and LANDSCAPER PRO they both have diff blade types they are as follows:
    Crank ;)
    Mamba -high lift

These blades are in the Deere section , so maybe they are something that only Deere has to offer?
  7. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

maybe the word crank is just a company term for a highlift or mulching blade or maybe who ever wrote the articles didnt know so much about it,i wonder if i could sell this person a muffler bearing??? i did run this term on google and came up with nothing so unless someone on here has more info i dont think i can help!!
  8. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Crankshaft output vs. belt drive?
  9. deereman

from USA

If you guys look in your J Thomas mag and the Landscaper Pro mag and look into the blade repacement section under John Deere section you will see what I am talking about.
  10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

They really "crank" out the grass! Which would mean they throw it out the furthest, which would be high-lift. Just a guess... Never heard the term either.