Blade engaging lever holes

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Banksy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

My Bobcat cat has one hole in the engaging lever and 5 or 6 holes on a bracket welded to the handle bars. What kind of hardware am I missing here? Just a nut and bolt in the lever to hold the lever in the engaged position? There was nothing there when I got it and I can't find a good picture on the web.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't look like anything is missing, The extra holes are likely for another application or they didn't want to tool up for two different brackets and used the same on both sides......

[​IMG]

When the PTO linkage is adjusted properly, The last 1/2" or so of handle movement should over center the engagement idler arm and snap in the engaged position. Then it snaps back out when disengaging.....

3. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Part #2 on mine has a third hole in it that lines up with those half moon shaped pieces with the 5 holes in it. Thanks for the diagram.

4. Restrorob

As mentioned, Another application..... You don't want to have detent notches in the engagement handle assembly, Full engage and full disengage nothing in-between......

5. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Of course. That could be dangerous if the blades got stuck on. Yikes!

6. Restrorob

That's what the operator present switches are for on the handlebars, If you have to shut down quick release either handlebar..... ;)

7. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Oh ya, duh. Mine DO work!

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Mine is the same way...your not missing anything
    Posted via Mobile Device