Blade Me ...... I need blades for JD 54" 727

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smokyhousers, May 6, 2009.

1. Smokyhousers

Smokyhousers LawnSite Member

Here is the deal. I have searched many threads, and I cannot find an answer. I side discharge out of my John Deere 727 54" cut. When I cut grass, I can see that my blades are ripping the grass pretty bad.

Which are the best, longest lasting blades to use and where can I get them? From reading, it seems like I should get hi-cut, but I am not sure. I do cut along some gravel roads and occasionally hit a rock or two.

Help is appreciated

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have a JD 717A and bought blades from:

http://www.arendsbros.com/

They are in IL, and, from the website, look like they are heavily into the ag business. However, I called them, placed an order quickly for exactly what I wanted, and the shipment arrived in a couple of days. The person on the phone knew exactly what I wanted. I think they sell Ztrak items on e-bay. I don't buy off e-bay, so just called direct.

3. Smokyhousers

Smokyhousers LawnSite Member

thanks, i will check them out

4. ixlr8

ixlr8 LawnSite Member

Mowpart.com carries blades for the 727a, but I have not ordered from them yet so I can't say about their service/quality. Although they have good reviews here and are a sponsor of the site. Their blade price is less than half what my dealer wants.
    Hmmm, I have the same issue with ripping of the grass rather than cutting, I am running stock JD blades that are kept sharp, let me know if you find a solution.

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I had tried several blades for thr 797 I had but the factory Hi lifts we the best and most durable that I found