blade on a T-231 shindaiwa trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I used to own T-230 string trimmers from Shindaiwa. I had also bought the parts needed to mount a brushcutter blade on them.

But I now have a T-231 string trimmer and would like to use my blade on it, but I can't figure out how to mount it?

Can anyone help? A photo or two might help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have an e-mail into Shindaiwa, but they can take quite a while to reply (if they reply at all).

If I have to, I'll take a trip to the dealer, but thought maybe someone here could clear it up for me and save me the trip. Thanks again.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Bump. Anyone?

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you can simply take the gearbox with the trimmer head off and put the gearbox with the edger on. Should be pretty simple. I didnt know you could buy the gearbox and edger. On Echo it is an attachment with a shaft that is added to the split boom.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Simple take the weed eater head off and leave the gear case, go buy a carbide tip skill saw blade and take the middle out grind the inside out to fit bolt it on and go i have done this several times skill saw blade $5 bucks.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

gogetter - do you have a fax number?

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

shoot, my t231 barely spins fast enough to cut weeds. theres no way i would put a blade on that wimpy thing. i swear when i pick it up to trim, the grass starts laughing.

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Ok, try these images. I think they scanned well enough to read.

blade install 1.jpg

blade install 2.jpg

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've had blades on the T230's and loved them. Cut branches/small trees 3" thick no problem.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks for the replies (especially newz7151).

Long story short, I got the blade on. Thanks again.

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

that right there says it all. were talking about the epa killed 231's not the 230's.