1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blade problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieChopper88, May 21, 2007.

1. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

Hi i have about 90 hours on my xblades, one has around 30 hours on it. When i mow, on the right side where the grass comes out i noticed something. My far right blade is leaving a faint trail of dead grass on the ground when the blade is making a clockwise rotation when it gets to around 9 o'clock thats where is happens. Is there something i need or should do, haven't had this problem yet, any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have to say you got your $$ worth out of the blades but as far as your problem I am running the same deck and I did not like the cut that the X blade gave I am running a blade from Expressmowerparts.com the model # 29-078DC they are only $7.65 each and last and leave a beautiful cut they are a Gator type,I never had great results with other gators especially in spring but these are all that I am running now on all my mowers and there is clearly a big improvement in quality of cut. also there is hardly any deck build up underneath using these while the X had alot
  3. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, sounds like you're running gators? I've had a similar problem in the past. The above poster seems to have a nice solution. I'm tempted to buy there myself...
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

doesn't shipping and the 5.00 handleing fee kill ya ?
  5. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

How many times have you shapend then in 90 hours of use? and dose it help after shapening? Is the deck super cleaned out?
  6. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

clean your deck...
  7. DixieChopper88

I've cleaned out my decked, and sharpened them before i mowed last week. But ya the x's seem to leave a lot of build up, but i'll probably try out those gators your talking about bohiaa. thanks a lot.
  8. DixieChopper88

I searched those blades and it doesn't say gator, but i guess that is what they are: Dixie Chopper 20-1/2" T4 Mulcher High Lift Blade: , what will the jagged edges do on the other side, very curious about them. How in the world is it cutting 20 inches, the blade seems to have a cutting width of around 5 inches, could you help me out here bohiaa, lol. Any help would be great, just want to be sure of what i'm buying.

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

you only cut with about 1-2 inches of the end of the blade the rest doesnt do too much and check the X blade the last about 2" is the only level portion of the blade so if you measure it you are actulally cutting with less blade on the X blade.

And as for shipping spend $100 and free shipping only a $5 handling fee

Try them youll like them as I was surprised
  10. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

you can't seriously be asking this....are you?