Blade Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lazer_Z, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Terry i have a question reguarding MEG-MO blades will my 36" 12.5hp Metro beable to spin meg0mo's with out any power loss

Thank you
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. We've not tested this blade so we really can't give you a definite answer. In theory it should take more power to spin this blade. The added weight would require more power on engagement but once spinning the effect would be less significant.

The addition of two more airfoils could require a great deal more power. It really depends upon how much lift is built into the airfoil. Just like a standard blade design the higher the lift the greater the horsepower draw. Add two more high lifts and you'll use more power to spin the blades and cut grass.

Additionally we can not recommend this type of blade. We simply don't have any long term testing to determine how this blade will affect the mower. We would also need to determine how long term extended use would effect the balance and pivots of the blade.

I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the info Terry i think i'll do a little more research before i make a choise of weather to switch or not and again thanks for the info