1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blade Questions...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff Tracey Enterprises, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jeff Tracey Enterprises

Jeff Tracey Enterprises LawnSite Member

I have been looking and using the search tab and really found nothing. I found that some love and some hate the Gator Mulching Blades. I have Gravely ZT2148, I got it used for heck of a deal ( and yes I know it is a residential mower, but I payed 2k for it, it had 215 hours and was recently serviced. Mower looked great and has been working quite well for me.) The only thing I dont like is the blades. I also have a WB Bobcat with Oregon high lift Mulching blades on it and I love them. I have been googling and looking for a couple of weeks now with no luck as far as cross referencing and everything. When I bought the ZTR it had Oregon 91-180, 16.3" .630 Center Hole Blades on it as well as an extra set included. The thing I dont like about them is that they dont mulch, they just cut/chop the blades of grass and it cloggs up pretty bad if the grass is long or wet. I want a blade that mulches well and wont clog up to bad and also can be used year round on Fescue. I know I am a little demanding but it is what I am wanting. Any and all help would be greatly appreciate it. Also, the blades that came with it had a Exmark, Sten and Snapper # on it, but no Gravely or Ariens. Are all these blades interchangable??? Just wondering. Thanks again, Jeff