blade removal question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 944own, Apr 5, 2011.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you running for a psi out of the hose? I have found with air tools, is there is definitely a get what you pay for status. A lot of the cheaper ones don't have a very high torque setting. I'd check on the gun to see if it is adjustable at all, and try to increase the psi from the regulator and see if it gives it a boost. Make sure your air hose is at least a 3/8" ID hose and not a 1/4". How long is your hose? You might try a shorter hose if your current hose is pretty long. Longer hoses lose pressure. Your tank is likely too small as well.

2. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Ingersoll Rand 231C that i got for $90. I have a 35 foot long air hose on a real with a 25 gallon air compressor. I run it at 90 PSI. IT WILL TAKE ANYTHING OFF. Do not bother buying the shitty impacts at home depot. The best impacts are IR

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Anti seize is your friend!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Lefty loosey, righty tighty :laugh:

5. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

StihlBR600 your shitty Ingersoll Impact wrench won't take **** off... If you are going to brag about your equipment, at least have quality tools. Must think you are tough **** with your 25 gallon air compressor. Let me guess, harbor freight or k-mart?

6. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

When we started the company, I bought an impact wrench at HD for about $100. Total waste of money. Since then I bought an Ingersoll Rand 2135 for about $300. Worth every penny. We also spray the bolt with WD40 before reinstalling it.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

not really sure where it was purchased has anything to do with it.

i've gotten a lot of great stuff from harbor freight.

8. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a electric impact and it works great for blades.I try not to tighten them too tight because if I have to remove them by hand out in the field.

9. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

There's adaptors you can buy that plug into your cigarette lighter that enable you to plug electric devices in them. Just a thought.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like you had a 3/8s or 1/2 inch impact gun and they used a 1/2 or 3/4 gun and had a lot more power. I like to keep a more powerful gun out of site from our guys so if they do over tighten and it has happened you still got a way to power through this situation.