Blade Runner mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1 cutter, Apr 30, 2002.

1. 1 cutter

1 cutter LawnSite Member

i did a search and found some older info on these mowers.

a guy stopped me today and let me demo one and i was seriously impressed, i mean i was ready to give him my lazer z and a blank check.

this thing was a true cutting machine.

has anyone else tried one of these mowers out and felt the same way.

any blade runner owners on here ever had any problems?

the guy told me they were invented here in iowa 8 or 9 years ago, i aint' never seen one before?

let me know which blade runner you got and prices too.

thanks,
    Joe

2. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

I have seen a few of them mowing and the cut is great, also they seem to be built like a hummer! From what I have seen on the mower there just is not much to go wrong with it!

3. Dick Myers

Dick Myers LawnSite Member

I teach welding at a Vocational Technical school, but cut grass and repair mowers in the summer. I have fixed few Dixies. Their problems are few, and they are a great mower. However, I do like the Blade Runners simple construction. I hope I can wrangle one this summer. Have a great season.

4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

1cutter
    I purchased a 60" bladerunner with a 25hp subaru engine on it last month! I absolutely love it!!! I drove everything available in my area and it will outmow all of them period, the cut is outstanding and if by chance the mower does leave something you can just flat run over it and clean it up in a heartbeat! It does some of the best stripping in this area. I would highly recommend it. I paid $8900 for mine which was with all the goodies! There are some guys here that have been running them for awhile and just love them. I have talked to several of them before I bought this one and no one had anything bad to say about them other than it took them a little getting use to the speed of the mower. You will find out that you just can't mow every yard a 15mph because they are just to rough, but it sure saves time blowing off drives and transport time. The thing is this the mower does a better cut and I find myself mowing 5 days instead of 6 days like I did last year with the same size mower.

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

1 cutter

I have owned for about a year a 72" diesel BLADERUNNER! For about the last 10 years I have had or run just about everything you can find in the mowing industry. I personally do not think you will find ANY mower on the market that will outproduction mow a bladerunner. It leaves a excellent cut even in wet grass. I would get the diesel if I were you I originally bought one gas and one diesel and I sold the gas only because I got really hooked on the diesel. The only problem that I have had was a ignition box that quiet, my dealer fixed me up the same day and I was able to keep mowing. I do agree with monte you will probably pick up at least a half day to maybe even a full day in your weekly route. The diesel that I have ran about $13,000. There are several cutter in my area using them but I do not know if they are members on here or not, but if you have any questions you can email me or just talk to your dealer.

btw
    Monte is right you have to get use to the speed first but once you do everything else fells like it's in slow motion!

6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

on the website it shows the deck discharge on the left instead of the right like most mowers. are all blade runners like this?

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they are all left hand cut, at first I did not think that I could get use to it but after about 15minutes I really liked it.

8. GRASS PRO

GRASS PRO LawnSite Member

Does the left hand cut take very long to get use to?

9. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

It took me about 15minutes to really get use it, then I really liked it. I seem to get a better looking cut or the grass just looks healthy when you cut with it.

10. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

do they have bags or vacs for a left hand discharge ?