Blade Sharpener for the Little Guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LandFakers, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I bought one when they first came out just out of curiosity, it would not fit over my commercial blades, guess they did not take into account the thickness of some blades? Still have it sitting around somewhere collecting dust. Now I do like the dremmel to sharpen my hedge trimmers and felcos

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have the bradley as well. it does a great job.

[​IMG]

4. Landscape Poet

There used to be a time when these threads were rampid with people saying MM - I am thinking the Bradley is a great economic choice for those looking for a solid machine on a reasonable budget.

5. graham721

graham721 LawnSite Member

will the Bradley work alright for the Oregon G6 blades?

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that's what i use it on. i have G6 blades.

7. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I can do a blade a minute with my Makita 4" grinder and a flap disc. Piece of cake.

8. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I'm one who is voting for the Magna-Matic. I have no experience with the Bradley, so can't say one way or the other, but I've had a MM for about 6 seasons now, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't look at any tool that makes work easier and/or more productive as an expense, it is an investment.

9. Landscape Poet

Oh trust me I am not saying that MM is not the Sh8t ...it must be for that price..but it seems that more and more people are willing to give the Bradley a shot these days....and for good reason....hundreds of them as a matter of fact. :laugh:

10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I use a bench grinder with the shields on both sides removed, then reinstalled them at the opposite sides they were designed to be used. What happens is I can push the blade into the grinder without it ever trying to get sucked in as it is spinning into the blade. I now have the ability to sharpen any of the blades I need to sharpen.