Blade Sharpener for the Little Guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LandFakers, Jun 5, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i never use any dressing on my sharpener wheel and the replacements are about $20 so really cheap. i've been using mine for awhile and it hardly has any wear on it. i figure one wheel will last me longer than 10 years being a solo operation.

2. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I take mine to the mower shop once a month where they do it with a magna matic, other then that I just use a handfile twice a week to resharpen the edges instead of grinding down the whole blade. Works for me

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Does the Bradley unit work on backwards blades on Walkers or Navigators?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I have used my Bradley to change blades out daily for well over a year...I am thinking it is coming closer to two years at this point at least ...blades everyday getting changed for two mowers and the wheel is not even close being close to being needed to be changed. With our year round season down here, think about how many times that wheel has been used, I would estimate I have at least another 7 to 8 years AT LEAST before that wheel will need replaced. I would say at that point I will have gotten my $200 use out of it dont you?

5. Landscape Poet

With blades having a RPM over 18k ....I am guessing that the first three inches of the blade is all that ever sees turf at the most.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I just ordered the Bradley Blade Sharpener today! Looks like a nice unit for the $. Even says made in the USA!

7. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

i also ordered one, for $200 who cares just arrived , looks good cant wait to put it to the test.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'm gonna order one this weekend as well. No more doing blades with the damn angle grinder lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm telling you guys you won't regret it. Once I used mine I wish I would've got one long time ago, and also glad I didn't spend $800 on one either because this one does a perfect job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Landscape Poet

Gentleman,

I do not think you will be disappointed in the machine you have just purchased. It is simple to use and performs well and saves time vs a bench grinder or using a angle grinder by a lot. This machine will give you a sharp blade and you will still have cash in your pocket vs buying the other more expensive sharpener.

Post pics and reviews here when you guys get a chance.