Blade sharpener??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GOFlick, Apr 20, 2002.

1. GOFlick

GOFlick LawnSite Member

I'm looking to purchase a blade sharpener and was looking for some help. I don't really want to spend more than $600. Then only real requirement that I have is I need to be able to sharpen Gator mulching blades. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Flick

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wow,

Those requirements open you up to just about ANY blade sharpener. Actually some pretty nice powerful ones. They will ALL sharpen Gator blades!

Check out Brandlien Machines Fireball 300-C. Blows the doors off just about any other grinder!

3. GOFlick

GOFlick LawnSite Member

Any suggetions as to where to purchase one? I played around on the internet but couldn't find much.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.gpweb.net/fireball/prod04.htm

I feel that these are the best sharpeners out there. Others will do the same thing, but the build quality, and Design are second to none. Give them (Don Brandlein) a call. If he's not there, leave a message, and you WILL get a prompt reply call back.

5. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

i prefer a 4 1/2 angle grinder and it only cost 90.00 bucks works fine

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

But, there is no comparison to a Professional Blade Grinder, and a hand grinder sharpening job. I don't care HOW steady or how good your hand is, the angle grinder will not perform with the consistancy of a Professional Blade Grinder.

A hand grinder will sharpen the blade, sometimes even quicker, but in no way is it a "repeatable" finish that cuts grass the best.

I use my angle grinder to lengthen the cutting edge prior to finishing it off on the Fireball.

The only other tool that may come close to a Professional Blade Grinder would be a "BIG" belt sander with some sort of "blade holder" to ensure repeated angle consistancy.

7. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

you might be right but i cant justify the cost i feel that if you take your time it works just fine

8. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know the website, but we got a killer one from GRAINGER. They have a giant catolog so I'm gonna assume that you can find what you need in your neck of the woods. Around $400.

9. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Rbg 3410-C from Mow More. It's all you will need $499.

10. GOFlick

GOFlick LawnSite Member

TLS,
    What should I expect to pay for the Fireball, it looks exactly like what I'm looking for? Do you have the 300 or the 300C?