Blade sharpener

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stihl036pro, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I am looking for a good blade sharpener for my mowers, I cant stand cutting with not sharp blades. Sharping the blades by hand with a hand held grinder takes a lot of time that I could be during something else. Can anyone tell me of a blade sharpener on the market that can sharpen blades fast and easy. Thanks
  2. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

3. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

Bought the Magna-Matic last year and love it. Not sure how I survived without it. So fast..........
  4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Is there anything out there maybe a little cheaper that does the exact same thing? Price is a bit rediculous IMO
  5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have one yet, but I will. Magna-Matic... I have researched and can't find anything else to their standards, so I'm saving my $$$'s. I agree with being pricey. You could do just a bench grinder but that's not for me.. Good Luck..

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 R.B.G's. A 1 horse, and a 3/4 horse. I also have a magna-matic balancer. I would not continue in landscaping if i did not have these items. They are worth their weight in gold.
  7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

'Fireball Jr' for a grinder and 'g-matic' for a balancer - great product - average price - highly satisfied.

8. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

I bought Brandlien's Fireball Jr. last year and am very satisfied. I will probably get MagnaMatic balancer soon.
  9. You know their expensive when they're too afraid to display their own prices. Cost Analysis? LOL
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Lots of choices, Nearly, Magna-Matic, RBG, Fireball to name few. I have a RBG 218. A blade grinder will make sharpening blades a snap. Also it will help keep the original bevel .Do a search on this topic and you will find a ton of info.