1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blade Sharpeners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snoking, Apr 11, 2002.

1. snoking

snoking LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about the RBG3410C blade sharpener. I'm thinking about buying one, the cheapest I've found is for $499. Does anyone know of a better blade sharpener or ginder.

Thanks Robbie

2001 Scag Turf Tiger 61"
    1999 Scag 3 wheel rider 61"
    1999 Lawnboy 21" push
    3 Shin T270's
    1 Shin BackPack Blower
    1 Stihl hedge trimmer
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

If your looking to sharpen a blade check out http://www.magna-matic.com

If you want to buy a grinder check out Sears... You mihgt not find a $500 grinder at sears but you will get close to the same quality grind.

Seriously though... visit magna-matic. They have lots of great information on sharpening, balancing, etc., etc., .....

3. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

4. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I have the BG218 and I love it. I've never tried the Magna-Matic, but I've heard nothing but great things about it.
  5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my RBG 3410-c about 3 weeks ago. I paid $499. I've only sharpened 3 blades so far but it does work great. All the good things you have heard about dedicated blade grinders is true. I called Wall enterprises. They recommended the 3410-c over the smaller units for our application.

If you are only sharpening 7 blades a day a the RBG 121 or 218 may be a better purchase

Fireball, Magnamatic, and Neary are some of the other Blade grinders available. I have not heard any good feed back about Neary.