Blade Sharpening guide??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Sep 15, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Has anyone heard of a bolt on blade sharpening guide to be used on a bench grinder for mower blades? Does it work only on specific grinders? :help:

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Nope. Where did you hear about it Highgrass? I'd be interested in finding out more about it if there actually is one.

Buck

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I too have never heard of such a beast but that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist. That would certainly help to bridge the gap from free handing it to getting something that is closer to a dedicated blade sharpener.

Gravely_Man

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

There is. It goes on dewalt 4.5" grinder. But the catch is its for touching up really bad bed knifes on reel mowers before putting them in the bed knife grinder. You can't do rotary blades with it. They had one at the golf course I used to work at. I never saw anybody use it.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Someone on here made a real nice one, and it was adjustable. They had pictures of it. I'm thinking it was within this last season, but it may have been earlier in the spring. I'm unsure, though.

6. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

I think i saw it in one of the vendors ads on ********.com. I have been back a half dozen times and can't seem to find it again. It looked like it bolted to the front of the grinder (don't know exactly how) and I'm sure it wasn't a Dewalt...although I wooulnd't bet money on it.

7. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

Well, that was wierd. I tried to put L-A-W-N-C-A-F-E.C-O-M and looked what happened. Must be a sensitive subject. ;)

8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Yeah, that's a bad word here Highgrass... :gunsfirin

Your second post of that word will probably get shot down too, can't blame them though as it's their competition. Not much for competition IMO, but I guess they're out there.

Buck

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

meg-mo advertises one for a bench grinder

10. Grubville_Man

Grubville_Man LawnSite Member

You could also try Outdoor Distributors they have them for $89.96 fits any bench grinder and is adjustable.