Blade sizes

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by John Gamba, Sep 17, 2002.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello exmark

In a catalog It shows Extra high Lifts At twenty And seven Sixteenths Length. my Owners manual has this part Number In It 633483. I thought My blade size Is twenty And a half. This is on the 2002 lazer z eps.

can I use these Blades. and if no do you have a part Number For the extra high Lifts.

I Think im Useing Them now but with all the mowers starting to look alike I'm Not sure. Maybe different Color Gas tank's would be easier :D

thank you johnny G.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

JohnyG,

Sorry to say but you should just throw that catalog away and buy Exmark blades. Just kidding.

If the blade is only 1/16" longer than a standard blade you should be okay. Just make sure they don't hit tip to tip. If they do you can just loosen the spindle housing bolts and spread them apart a little bit. The deck is built with a little extra tolerance in the spindle housing mounting holes that will accommodate such variances.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

from ct

Terry
    I Do only get My Blades at my dealer.We Sharpen about 60 To 80 Blades a week(If Not more). i have In excess Of 300 Blades. I Just whanted To know how come You have Or The mower Can run Two different Blade size.
    And do You have a Part Number for the ultra High lift blades. I thought I was Useing the Ultra High Lifts but now I'm not sure.

Oh with the three new 2003 Lazers coming in I Will have to get some more blades.

thank you very much
    johnny G.

Please tell Engineering To Keep working on a Double Blade set up for the lazers. It realy work's.

4. eXmark

Thanks Johnny,

We appreciate it. All of the blades have a tolerance built in. None are Exact due to not only the manufacturing process of cutting them stamping them and heat-treating. All can cause the dimensions to shift slightly. I believe they can be + or - about .030" before they get kicked back to the vendor. I'll need to double-check the p/n descriptions. We may have one that's not accurate in the description but the prints and specs should all be right in line with what engineering wants. I'll check it out.

Thanks again

Terry

5. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks terry
    i Will wait
    just got back from my mothers. i keep a 02 TT 52 ultra there. i Put just sharpened double high lifts on. The mower cut's so incredible With the doubles On If it wasent For the Blow out It would be awesome.

Oh thats 28 HP FI Kohlers for 03:gunsfirin NO THANK YOU!

Just see if you have a number For Ultrhigh Lifts for wet grass 60"

6. eXmark

Johnny,

Sorry but I can't find anything listed as an Ultra High lift. Just guessing the term may have been used at one time to describe the "notched airfoil blade". Most likely when the "solid airfoil blade" was standard equipment on all floating deck models. If your looking for the best blade for wet grass then I'd recommend the notched airfoil p/n 103-2530.

Thanks

Terry

7. John Gamba

from ct

I'll go With that number. the notched air is what i double up now.
    Just for Reference The catalog Is Landscapers supply. Page # 15. There part # Is 91264. I'll see if they have them in stock. There is a store Close By.
    thanks again John gamba lawnone ct.
    PS Would you like anything from the Caribbean This December? It Will Be after Christmas.

8. eXmark

Johnny,

Yes, you can get me something from the Caribbean in December. I'd like sunburn and some fond memories.

THANKS!!!

Terry

9. John Gamba

from ct

I'll send you Pictures Like last year. (i Hope dusten Shared) that Takes care Of The fond Memories.
    I'll send you a Picture Of Me That takes care Of the sunburn.

OH I Meant to say Thank you for the bigger motor On the 03"s:D

i will get all of you Something. All you have to do is Tell Me If you would Like it from St Marrten or st thomas.
    I have to go and warm Up My fuely Now OH WHAT A SWEET SOUND.
    Johnny G.