Blade spacer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jbutch83, May 29, 2003.

1. jbutch83

jbutch83 LawnSite Member

I know that this is probably a stupid question, but can someone tell me what the blade spacers are. I spoke with my local dealer, and he has no clue as to what they are. I know that they are probably just flat washers, but want to make sure before I do anything.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey, no stupid questions. A person never knows unless you ask.

The blade spacers are on our fixed deck units, Metro and Vikings.
    They are 1/4" think and their are 4 of them for each blade. You can raise and lower your blade with these.

We recommend that you run 3 of them between the blade and the spindle. This generally gives you the best cut.

Thanks, Fred.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i can vouch for the 3 between personally, makes a world of difference in weed yards.
  4. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

Are the spacers available for the floating deck metro's?
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The blade spacers should only be used on the fixed deck walk behind mowers such as the Metro and the Viking. The spacers are used to raise and lower the blades with in the deck.

The floating deck models have a 4 pin cutting height adjustment eliminating the need for blade spacers. Adding the spacers to a floating deck model could potentially cause some safety concerns for a couple of reasons.

First the blade bolt would have fewer threads holding the blade in place and second the blade would also sit lower in the deck or closer to the ground. This could increase the risk of thrown objects and other safety concerns.