1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blade speeds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot1964, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Where did you buy the Great Dane? Hickory Home & Garden? That tractor dealer down your way off HWY 321 a little ways? Or up my way at Tarheel Ford New Holland?

Also, did you get to demo?

I'd like to know for future reference in case I ever decide to check out a Chariot LX. Back when I was shopping and before I decided against a larger deck, I was real interested in getting a 61" Chariot out for a demo.

There were several litle things I liked about it. The center sticks, single gas tank under the seat, double Scag-like frame rails, plenty of trim, low and wide, ect... But I couldn't get a demo to save my life.

The owner of that tractor joint down your way was up to letting me haul it up to my accounts, Hickory Home & Garden said "we don't allow demos" and Tarheel was too busy trying to sell me a Grasshopper for less.

What the heck is that all about? No way was I laying down $7 G + tax on something I'd never done more that sit on and dream.
  2. chariot1964

chariot1964 LawnSite Member

Hey Envy just now got back on line, and got your response.
    I bought my chariot 52 almost 3 yrs ago from Farmers & Builders Supply. I got a fairly good deal was originally going to by chariot jr. 48, but found out he would sell me a chariot 52 for the same price. Not mention my brother n law works there, on the mowers so he trys to take care of me when he can.
  3. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hey envey!

The Chariot LX is nothing short of awsome!!!
    Got 17 hours on mine, tip speed is 18,500.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was kind of partial to the 61" Chariots for the above reasons. For some reason, to me the machine had a feel about it when sitting in the seat. It felt low, stable and comfortable.

I don't know if this is the case or not because all I ever got to do was "sit" on it. :mad:

Maybe if I go down to Farmers & Builders Supply I can get a demo? I would like to try one when I can make a good excuse to get a big mower (60"-72"). Getting some accounts with open acreage would be the best excuse I could think of.....

Do they make a 72" LX?

How's that new deck v/s the old one? What cut did you get? Is scalping an issue? Or are your accounts flat and smooth? I ask this because I also like the Ferris, Country Clipper and Grasshopper-outfront designs. When it comes to big decks, one that articulates seems like a good idea. There is a lot of rolling terrain around here.