Blade switches blowing on my Super Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Aug 15, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else having this problem on their HustlerZ? I've replaced three on a three month old unit. Dealer says there's no short in the system , just cheap swithes?

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: charlie, see if you can find the ground for the unit and see if it in fact is making good contact to the frame, meaning that theres no paint in between the connection and frame. tony

3. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Your going to have to get your dealer to remove and replace the whole section which houses the fuses. I had the same problem, my Super Z was blowing like 3 fuses a day. So if you can make him replace the section.

4. CharlieBingo

Thanks for the help. By the way Catos wich do you like more the Exmark or Hustler?

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't had that problem on my Super Z, I have just over 600hrs on it. The throttle cable did break Fri. though.

6. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

The Hustler has my vote, I'm going to try to get another Hustler 72" ASAP. But do not get me wrong the exmark is also a good mower, but you can get alot more grass cut with a Hustler.

7. CharlieBingo

Do you find you can cut residentials with the "72"in? I'd love one but I'm afraid it might be too big. Most guys in my area use "48"'s I run "60"s with no problem, I just don't want to push the buck too far.

8. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Yes 95% of the residentals I cut can be done with the 72" Hustler. I thought the same until I did a demo, so just demo it on your lawns and see for your self. Even if the 72" can not fit you still have your 60". Just give it a try.

9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

CharlieBingo,

I would probably say that in our area 72" decks are too big.
    like you said most guys use 48" w/b's or Walkers. I have never once seen a 72" around here. As a matter of fact I just got a John Deere 777 60" and everybody that has seen it says it is too big for residential applications around here. Everybody seems to be running 52" lazer's or Bobcat's. My opinion if you can fit it on most of your properties, Get it...

Jason

10. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

There must be a lot of fences in your area? The reason a 72" was a must for me was because of some large commerical properties I do. Then I decided to try it on my yards, it did fine.