1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blade tourque spec for scag 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dapozer, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

I just switched the blades on this new machine and the owners manual does not have any tourque specs for the blade bolt. Is there one or do you just put it on tight as possible. Also doe you use pnumatic tools for this or the old fashion way or wrench and socket? Just want to make sure I don't kill a spindal or have blades flying.
  2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

almost all blade bolts are self tightening. I put them on with a pnuematic, but at the lowest torque setting. Just get it snug and you'll be fine. Maybe 40-60 ft lbs if you want to spec it.
  3. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I just tighten the crap out of them becuase I get scared they might come off. Havent had a prob yet.
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Always torque mine to 80 ft lbs. Mower is a 44z, the dealer said I should torque them to 110, but if you ever have tried torquing a bolt to 110 lbs upside down with one arm, you would agree with the following sentiment of F#%& that.