Blade Tuning

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dpi, Jul 15, 2010.

1. dpi

dpi LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

I have a newer 48" Fastrak that cuts very good. However, the blades do not line up perfectly. I mean, when I lift the deck and look, the right blade is about 1/8" higher than the middle blade. This is consistent with checking both ends of both blades. The left and center blade seem to be really close to the same height.

I checked the right blade, and it is not bent. Actually I verified all the blades were not bent.

Can I use a spacer to adjust the blade height so they are perfect? Or what are your recommendations?

Thanks for the help, I bought my Hustler because of this forum!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmmm.....
    Being that it is newer, I would have your dealer check this out, if the blades aren’t bent then there is something else happening here.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Washers under the spindle?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not suggested.
    The only place we have used spacers between a blade and the spindle shaft is on the Hustler Z and Super Z when converting from the old offset blades to the new flat blades, this was to compensate for the offset in the old blades.

Pj

5. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

That's not where I meant. I meant under the spindle housing on the deck. You could tilt a spindle by putting them under one side or one bolt.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I wouldn’t suggest this either.

Pj