1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blade Tuning

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dpi, Jul 15, 2010.

1. dpi

dpi LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

I have a newer 48" Fastrak that cuts very good. However, the blades do not line up perfectly. I mean, when I lift the deck and look, the right blade is about 1/8" higher than the middle blade. This is consistent with checking both ends of both blades. The left and center blade seem to be really close to the same height.

I checked the right blade, and it is not bent. Actually I verified all the blades were not bent.

Can I use a spacer to adjust the blade height so they are perfect? Or what are your recommendations?

Thanks for the help, I bought my Hustler because of this forum!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmmm.....
    Being that it is newer, I would have your dealer check this out, if the blades aren’t bent then there is something else happening here.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Washers under the spindle?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not suggested.
    The only place we have used spacers between a blade and the spindle shaft is on the Hustler Z and Super Z when converting from the old offset blades to the new flat blades, this was to compensate for the offset in the old blades.

Pj

5. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

That's not where I meant. I meant under the spindle housing on the deck. You could tilt a spindle by putting them under one side or one bolt.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I wouldn’t suggest this either.

Pj