1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blade upgrade, 60" bad boy diesel?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by h0mr12, May 10, 2010.

1. h0mr12

h0mr12 LawnSite Senior Member

Still have the original blades and wondering if there is anything out there with more lift, better cut, etc. Or maybe I should just stick with the originals. Any good sites to order blades out there? Thanks for any feedback.

2. swandrie

swandrie LawnSite Member

high lift is the only blades for me!

3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I have run exmark lo lifts, and dixie chopper X-blades on my bbs, and have also found the deck pitch changes the way they cut dramatically. On the really weedy yards, a couple of my guys have pitched the deck level to get the most suction. Just do a little playing around, it depends on your turf conditions as to which blade to use and which pitch on the deck, even the hi lifts work better in certain situations. I love the adjustable front lip on my 72" cat, and the Outlaws because I can change the suction a little with a few loosened nuts.

4. h0mr12

h0mr12 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I will try a more level deck. Lots of weeds and I might be a little steep on the pitch.
    I previously leveled the deck side to side, and pitched the front lower. Lowered tire pressure and that helped a bunch. I always thought you wanted an inch or so higher in the back as the optimum deck setting. If it doesn't work, I can always go back. Thanks for the suggestion!