1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blade ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madmusic, Jul 12, 2004.

1. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me about the meg-mo blades? Does many peeps use them and how do they work?:jester:
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Some like them and some dont. I tried them and found them to not work in wet grass on my machine. So I sent them back.
  3. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I have been slow to say how I like(d) mine because I haven't received my refund yet...Hint, Hint. I'm not slamming anyone here, I have heard of guys that actually like them. My experience was that they actually slowed my mower not increased it like is stated. They vibrated really bad. They left stringers all over the place. they left strips of grass standing when it was thick and the blades, I'm sorry, Knives folded back and they did not really decrease the size of the clippings. But, like I said, some guys like them. I returned mine mid may and I'm waiting on the refund. Although, the secretary did tell me when she got enough returns to make it worth her while she would process the refunds. She usually does this on Saturdays.....Just in case you're wondering. Good luck with your decision.:rolleyes:
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My experience was about the same as JBird's.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've used them since August of last year on a JD 757 and I'm going to get another set for my new 757. They work excellent on the 7 Iron decks.
  6. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I'm beginning to think you have stock in meg-mo. They sucked on my 7-iron deck...I mean the were sub standard.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I have two sets. One for the FI Lazer and another for the Turf Tracer 60".
    They work really well on the ultracut deck in Connecticut on Wet And Very dry lawns. They also Work well on wet leaves.
  8. DLCS

Did you have the spacer to get them the same height as stock blades? Your deck level? Something is wrong cause I know they work excellent on 7Iron decks. Nope no stock in them, they just work well for me.
  9. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

yes, and yes, I even called what's his name several times and he gave me little things to try. Still didn't work for me. I thought it was pretty much normal results after speaking with others. He did tell me that he had received several kits back and that the center hole was drilled off-center, which would account for the really strong vibration. And, I was just jokin' about the stock. I get the impression that this is his (part-time) business when his oil company employees are not busy and they make them right there in his shop.
  10. DLCS

I don't no what to tell ya then, something is wrong. I've never had a vibration with mine. One other thing, I have the JD bagger for one of my 757's and if i leave the baffel(for the bagger) in, while side discharging with Meg Mo blades, I get streaks bad. Just a thought, do you have a bagger on that mower?

He is a LCO here and has been in business since the mid 70's and has made these blades since early 90's, I wouldn't call it a part-time business. He has used these blades on his mowers for many years and when he became a sponsor here on lawnsite, I decided to try them.