Bladerunner mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Man, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

Hi I'am a newbe,

....Does anyone have a web address for the diesel bladerunner mowers :help: ?

Thanks

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The company has been going thru some "family" problems. From what I hear they will probably be back into business at some point. But I wouldn't hold my breath until then. They were some really unique and good machines. To bad business and family don't go good together.

3. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Thanks for the info. Is there a picture of one of the more recent models I could look at somewhere on the Internet? :help:

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some I have saved from a few years ago.

bladerunner8.jpg

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Another one.

At Louisville about 3 or so years ago, we saw one on a trailer in the parking lot. It was being used...a lot. It had over 3000 hours on it if I remember correctly.

bladerunner6.jpg

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

talk about bare bones... that looks like a stripped down drag racing version of a Dixie Chopper.

7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I actually know the man who invented bladerunner. Very smart and very nice individual! There are several of these things being used around here, and there are some members on here that use them. I will see if I can get a current picture of there machine for you!

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

It looks just like a Dixie Chopper to me. Are they the same machine?

9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

No definately not the same machine! Bladerunner is much faster and will hold hills! The pump system is the best I have ever seen in a ztr machine. I have actually demoed a diesel and have found no one that is even close in mowing or ground speed! Rebelmachine on this sight has a pair of diesel bladeunners as well as some other diesel machines. If I see him I will see if I can get him to post about them! As far as Dixie goes they do look similar but up close you can see big diffrences in the two machines. I think if you do a search on here you will find lots of info on them, if the info is still available!

10. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it discharge out the left side? that's interesting!