blades/deck rake

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by locutus, Sep 21, 2003.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Terry' I have an exmark metro hp 36". I use this mower on my gated properties for leaf clean-up. I use an accelerator catcher for this purpose. I am having some problem with blowout when running excaliber high-lifts,even worse with gators. What blade combination should I use for this purpose and is the deck rake as it was set by the dealer i.e. thick washer in front, thin washer in rear, correct or can I adjust the deck rake to reduce blowout?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post.

The first thing I would do is switch to the solid airfoil blade p/n 103-1579. This blade offers the best combination of high lift and low blow out. The low lift blade p/n 103-2508 will drastically decrease or eliminate the blow out but may or may not have enough lift to bag the debris.

The Accelerator has been a good grass/leaf catcher but like with all baggers you need to make sure the vent holes are clean and unplugged. If the air can't get from the deck to the catcher and out it will push out the front of the mower deck.

If you want to check the rake just make sure youÂ’re in the 1/8" to 1/4" area. The 36" generally is not sensitive to rake adjustments as some of the other cutting widths.