Blades engage by themselves

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by lawnman_scott, Jun 10, 2003.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 52 surfer, and the blades have been engaging by themselves off and on. Everything is tight, blets, bolts. Spindels, bearings, and pulleys are good. I checked all wires and fuses, and they are good. any ideas???????

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Lawnman Scot:

Please take the machine to a Great Dane dealer to be checked out. Sounds like a wiring issue or maybe a bad switch.

JMJ

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a 1999 (I think) Charoit. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it here.

While the mower is running, I'm on the seat, the parking brake is on, and the PTO is on but disabled because of the parking brake. If you move one of the leavers (can't rember wich one), the blades will engage. They don't stay on, but it might be something to look into.

4. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Phishook:

Take your Chariot to any Great Dane dealer and I will cover the repair. We would like all the interloc switches to be in working order.

John Joensen

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good. I'll send you an e-mail or a private message closer to Monday. This is not nessasary, but I do need someone to look at it for some other problems I've been having, so I might take you up on it.

Thanks,
    Christopher