Blades for 60" XR7 deck

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Oasislawnman, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Oasislawnman

Oasislawnman LawnSite Member

When is Hustler going to let Oregon and the other knock off blade makers make blades for the 60" XR7 deck. I can't buy them at my local place I have to drive 45 minutes to a dealer to get blades for my mower and they are $20 dollars a blade. On a toro or scag I can get blades for $10. This hurts my bottom line and the Hustler blades don't last as long as the knock offs on my other mowers here in the Florida sand, they split in the back. Also, what about gator blades for the 60" xr7 deck, when are they going to be available.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is not a situation where we have to ok them to make our blades, they can do so when they want to, we have nothing to do with stopping them.

Gator blades for the 60" XR-7 are Hustler part # 794230

3. Oasislawnman

My dealer told me they had not made that blade yet, he never has it in. I also looked it up online and nothing came up. Where can I get the hustler gator blade.

4. Oasislawnman

Also, could you give me the other parts numbers for all the other types of blades Hustler offers for the 60" XR7 deck and for the 36" Trimstar walkbehind.

Thanks!

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your dealer must not be ordering them correctly, if the dealer orders the 794230X (x on the end of the part #) he will get them, the only way for the dealer to buy them is in a box of 10.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

36 side discharge (right blade) 793794
    36 side discharge (left blade) 793802
    36 Gator (right blade) 794230
    36 Gator (left blade) 794222
    36 mulching (right blade) 794214
    36 mulching (left blade) 794206

60 XR-7 side discharge 794685
    60 XR-7 mulching 794214
    60 XR-7 Gator 794230

7. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 LawnSite Member

Just had a few issues on y mind and was hoping you could answer them. I tried a new hustler last year and was extremely impressed with the speed, and smoothness of the hydros, so i switched my entire fleet over from exmark to the new XR-7 decks. Very disapointed but partialy my fault, i might of beed a little to impulsive. Over the past year i have spent countless dollars on deck wheels, deck spindals, safety seat pto kill switches and clutch wireing pig tails for the drive pulleys. My first question is why would you put a pigtail directly under the mower??? especialy a commercial brand. The seat switches look like there mast produced in some sweat shop in china, the wire and plastic lock last about 8hrs? now the deck spindals are a major problem, your add says there the strongest and thickest in the industry, let me tell you there not, and not by a long shot i put over 600hrs on my mowers every year, and at this rate im going to end up buying new mowers every year. Now lets talk about the hustler warranty, Not one item has been covered under your commercial warranty, not one!!! not very impressive considering i spent over $70,000 dollars on mowers. Granted the first response to anyone trying out a new hustler is going to be good, there smooth, fast and efecient, but the bigger picture is " downtime", "back ordered parts" parts not cross refrenced for capatibility by other manufactures, and the over all lack of dealer support, when confronting warranty items, seems theres a fine line between what is covered and what is not, and the dealer decides that. Im not very happy at all as you can tell, and im probably going back to exmark next year.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please e-mail me and I can get your situation looked into.

9. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I totally agree. I thought i was alone.

10. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 LawnSite Member

I sent you an e-mail per your request, but I was hoping since this was an open forum, and im sure other perspective buyers are out there, it would be great if you could respond on this forum so every one can have a chance at reviewing some much needed answers. thank you