Blades for bagging leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 22, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any type of aftermarket blades that increase suction under the deck of a mower (48'' ferris belt drive). I just bought an accelerator bagger which is fune but my mower blows all the leaves in front and around it instead of actually putting them in the bag.

What I am asking is, are there any type of blades out there that suck the leaves in? Thanks.

2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I use standard High Lift blades to bag.

I usually run gators with a mulch kit on my 48" WB to chop up the leaves and go back over with the ZTR and bag the leaves. Cuts my haul off by 50%.

3. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

gators blades are nice

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Gator blades are what you want. There is less blowout and they grind the leaves better.

5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

gators over high lifts. the leaves get vaporized into dust. i have a special attachment, so no more blow outs.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

High lifts create the most airflow (i.e.: suction but in some cases blow-by / blow-out).
    Gators create the least as the fins cut through air... Blow-by / blow-out can also be caused by this due to insufficient lift.

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm.

petrentz, what is the special attachment that you have for reducing/stopping the blowout. Also, I think I will pick up some gators, are they real expensive or what?

Thanks for all the info.

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I also use gators when I use my accelerator on my 737, works good with very little blow out plus does not fill up near as fast as the high lifts filled the accelerator up.

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

doubles gaters over gater mags. reduces leaves to nothing. fills the accelerator and packs it in.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

meg mo's, hands down the best leaf cleanup blade system going. vaccuum? you want vaccuum? at full throttle they suck the earthworms out of the ground