Blades from J-Thomas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Aug 1, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered a set of high lifts for my Z Master. Although they seemed pretty decent, the quality of cut didn't seem very good. What are your expriences with J-Thomas blades??

2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I got two sets for my Scag and Exmark. (Same blades) I thought they cut great but are maybe slightly softer than OEM. I'm taking them to be sharpened this week and we'll see how long they last. Overall, they are a lot cheaper than anything I can get around here. I'm a happy camper.

3. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

mowmore.com has some heavy duty high lifts for my eXmark that are thicker than normal OEM blades. I'm going to order a set in the next few days, and we'll see how it goes.

4. MowPartRep2

MowPartRep2 LawnSite Member

You won't believe our prices!!! We have OEM Blades, aftermarket blades from Oregon,Stens,Rotary and more. Check us out at www.mowpart.com
    If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or email me at scott@dallasmowerparts.net

5. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

has anyone complained about using Firefox with your site? I just tried clicking on either Scag or Exmark blades and on top of it being slow, this is what I got for both ...3 - Error writing file '/tmp/MYwU1f0e' (Errcode: 28)

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '83' order by pd.products_name limit 0, 20

Will try IE in a minute...

6. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

For some reason, I can't get any blade info using IE either. Same errors. may want to check to make sure it's just not me.

7. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I like them. No problems as of yet.

A

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am useing your oregon blades on our lazer right now and they are doing great. 2 days and they are still just as sharp as the day I put them on. I will be putting the new blades on my Tank and gravely tomorrow. The oregon blades are hardened to a rockwell 50 hardness so they have some pretty good stay sharp power to them. Now I gotta admit the blades for my M48 Tank are the strangest looking blade I have ever seen. Also I noticed the Oregon blades have an edge from the tip all the way in to the bolt hole. I noticed this allowed the blade to chop up the grass clippings finer than a stock blade does.

9. MowPartRep2

MowPartRep2 LawnSite Member

Although we run fire fox browsers we only use them for testing only. I browse our site from time to time with Fire Fox and It works great. It could be a little faster. We are working on that ask we speak. IE users should not have any problems at all. We get about 250,000 + views per day and very few have had problems. By uploading the current browser 6.0 has corrected many problems but not all. Your comments are very welcome. This helps us better our site for our customers. Please try again and if you have any problems please let me know.

Thanks
    Scott