1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Blades Help Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by totallawncare912, Apr 16, 2006.

1. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Im using a Great Dane 52in Chariot and it cuts good and im using gator mulching blades right now i was wondering what the quality of cut would be with low lift, standard lift and hi lift blades vs. the Mulching blades as far as stripping could someone please advise me please pretty new at this. Also the grass here is pretty much Kentucky bluegrass and Fescue. Thanks
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It literally varies from machine to machine, only way to tell for sure is to try one after the other but I speak from experience when I say that if what you have works good, it is best left alone. Some work better with one kind, others with another, but it has to do with your own machine's height settings, how the blades are seated and how you cut grass so it literally varies from machine to machine, to machine. Seriously, even tire pressure can have an effect, I am not joking, so if it works, don't fix it lol !