Blades not engaging

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cdykes, May 28, 2009.

1. cdykes

cdykes LawnSite Member

2007 FasTrak 48 w/Honda

When I pull the red button to engage the blades, I can hear a faint knock, but the blades don't engage. The engine runs fine. And the blades engaged fine yesterday!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmm....
    Is the deck belt still on all the pulleys and clutch?

Pj

3. cdykes

cdykes LawnSite Member

Problem solved -- no big deal.

Yes, indeed the tension chain had come unhooked and the belt had fallen off.

Thanks.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good to know it was nothing serious.
    You do need to check the belt tension a couple times per year, it is outlined in your owners manual / parts manual.

Pj

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Classic! No offence but didnt you even have a look before posting?

6. cdykes

cdykes LawnSite Member

No, Mickhippy, I did not have a look before posting. I'm just a homeowner and didn't know what the problem might be. I think my subsequent reply addressed how easy the problem was to solve. Do you spend your time looking for people making dumb moves? Lucrative business?

7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I did say no offense and Im glad YOU said it was a dumb move!
    Just the other day I was at my dads place and he was complaining about how his little JD155 was cutting so badly after getting it serviced. It was semi scalping on one side of the deck and they should of checked the deck for level bla bla bla.
    I looked at it (could see the hole machine was on a lean), stood on the tire and it was flat!
    So after all the stress, finger pointing, terrible cut etc it turned out to be a very obvious puncture! All he had to do was look! He felt like an idiot too!

8. cdykes

cdykes LawnSite Member

There's a principle called Occam's Razor which states that for any problem the most obvious solution is usually the right one. I wish I could remember that when I need to instead of looking for more trouble!

Thanks for cheering me up on a dull day with you dad's saga.