Blades on a Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, May 6, 2004.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Are the stock blades that come on a Stander considered High-lift? My guess is no...but the wing on them is the same as the high-lifts on my Toro.

My gaters are clumping and the stock blades are leaving a winthrow.............trying the find the best set up.

Doubles are bogging down to much..............I hate mowing in the spring.

Derek

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What size is your stander and engine?

I can run double highlifts on my Stander. I think the originals are a normal lift blade. I was not overly impressed, and I think Gators in grass makes for a real mess, or at least poor cut.

I have plenty of power on my 15 hp 36", and the best combo for me is highlift withou a couple spacers between the next highlift, spacer then bottom of spindle.

A true highlift like an exmark blade should give you better results at the very least.

Jay

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

D,

where is this windrow occuring? Im seeing a windrow too but am curious where you are seeing yours.

Im going to contact Wright to see about beeing a test dummy for them regarding modifying their deck... there can be some major improvements made easily.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have one set of High lifts for my 52" 17 hp. But the 17hp isn't powerful enough to turn them in high grass. My buddy put them on his 23hp and had no problems. I just keep them until i get another more powerful stander. I run gator blades on mine. I also just ordered mulch kits for all three machines. A mulch kit will help alot with the gators. I demo one with a mulch kit. Works good in tall dry grass.

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

I have the 61" with the 23hp Kaw. The winthrow is right at the discharge. It looks like the grass is bouncing off the top of the deck and piling on the ground.

Derek

6. MacLawnCo

Derek,

on my new 52", what was suggested was to run the stock (read: essentially low lift) on the left two spindles and then one 3" wide HIGH LIFT (nearly vertical) on the discharge side. I ran it this way for a few hours today and was quite impressed. Ill give a full report later though after i make a run through all my props.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

Great....is that a true Wright high lift blade??

Derek

8. MacLawnCo

um, i really dont know. If i ever get my camera back ill take a photo of the two to show the profound difference.

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

Ok well I put the gators back on ......but I am very interested in the high lift deal. I wonder why they suggest only on the right spindle......maybe too much blowout with 3 of them...

Derek

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I think i might try that next week. The high lifts take alot of energy to turn. So you only have one high lift turning and two med or low lifts. Like i said my 17hp 52" can't turn 3 high lifts in tall grass. Right know both 52" are running with gators. The mulch kits will be here next week.