1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

blades on my proline and another quick proline question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tat900, Jul 10, 2005.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys i did a search on here im still a newbie but im looing to upgrade to better blades on my 37" proline walkbehind its got the recycler deck and im using factory blades jsut purchased new blades about a month ago but im looking to upgrade to a better blade something that will mulch better is there any other options i could go with . Im also concerned that the speed of my proline is running a little bit slower than normal is there anyithng i can do to make it run a bit faster this model is the 30137 :help:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Man I'll need more info, the 30137 was made for 10 years from 1992 to 2002, so year would help, also I am ASSUMING it is a fixed deck? If it is, your spindle bearings are maintenance-free which means they need to be replaced about every 2 years but you need to check each one and determine IF it needs it because the bearings are 50 bucks per set from the dealer so...

Then check all the other bearings and spindles and things that turn, there are bushings and what-not it all needs to run smooth BUT I did a LOT of work on my 1998 30197 and it improved it SOME but no, it is not like it was 2 years ago - They just wear and get old, too.

If it's a fixed deck, I find standard blades work better than gators but yes, high blade rpm is critical.

If it's an older model there may not be much you can do other than maybe switch to Amoco Premium and run synthetic oil in it that helps a little.
  3. tat900

i beleive its about 8-9 years old it may be just me but my mower is the t-bar fixed deck and are the gators more than factory blades
  4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The 37" Recycler Deck is too Shallow to Mulch Effectively as are All the Toro sfs decks.
  5. tat900

is that why alot of times it shoots it out the side and have to double pass it to mulch it
  6. tat900

does gator blades have a website ?
  7. oslo

oslo LawnSite Member

This mower will not mulch well, no matter which blades. So save the cash. Bag kit is around 325 if you want to go that route. Good mower though, mine is a 95 and I've never done anything to it and have had no problems at all.
  8. oslo

oslo LawnSite Member

bah, just saw how old this thread was, my bad.
  9. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Ain't that the truth... :rolleyes: