Blades on VX4 decks?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JTLarson, May 18, 2011.

1. JTLarson

JTLarson LawnSite Member

I have a 2011 Super Z 31/60, and my friend got the new X-ONE 26/60. We were sharpening blades the other day and realized that his are only 2.5 inches wide without the cutout for the high lift fin, while mine are 3 inches wide with the cutout for the high lift. Different part numbers, but why are they different blades on the same deck? Will either blade work on either machine? We are just curious. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Super Z comes with the wider blade from the factory.
    Both blades will work on either unit.

Pj

3. JoeDejanero

JoeDejanero LawnSite Member

I put the low sail blades on my 2011 super z and I'm having issues. The grass is clumping up. It isn't shredding it up that well. I also put the original blades back on it and it is still leaving it clumpy. When I mow with my exmark that doesn't happen. It shreds it up and I don't need to blow the lawn off. What can I do to fix this problem? Gator blades?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you mowing with the chute up or down? it needs to be down for the best dispersion.

Pj

5. JoeDejanero

JoeDejanero LawnSite Member

I put exmark blades on the super z and the problem is solved. The grass is now lifting up up when it disperses, and it is utilizing the entire width if the shoot.

6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

What is ths part number for the exmark blades you put on the VX4 deck Super Z?

7. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Yea.. same issues here.. what exmark blades are these? PLEASE!!!! :usflag:

8. SuperZ

SuperZ LawnSite Member

PJ:

I had a 2010 Super Z that I sold and purchased a 2011 Super Z. I have noticed that the blades on the VX4 were different than the blades that had been under the XR7. Is it okay to use the old high lift fusions on the new VX4? Also, are the new blades under the Super Z's Fusions? By the way, the new Super Z has taken some getting used to, but it is a beast!!

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes, it should be alright to use the old high lift fusions on the new VX4. And yes, the new blades under the new Super Z's are fusions also.

10. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ do they offer a high lift blade for the 60" VX4? What are the part #s for the VX4 60" and the XR7 66" high lifts?