blades question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 12, 2002.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

ive been running gators on my scag .they suck for mulching grass especially in the rain ,there great for cleanups i read on hear about high lift blades can anyone explain what they are can u run them on scags.will the lenth of the cut still be as short as with the gators .also what name of the blades should i get or there standard high lift.thanks any info is appreciated ,ronnie
  2. James234

James234 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Gator blades and Slick 50 are about the same..useless. Use the blade designed for your equipment by the manufacturer!
  3. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Call j-thomas (800-828-7980) and order the offset high lift blades you wont be disapointed, for 61 mower the part number is bo-21 and for 36,52 mowers the part number is bo-17a
  4. foxslawncare

foxslawncare LawnSite Member

Hi-lift are good blades. Gatorsgive spotty cut and not goodwhen wet.Better allaround cut with hi_lift. The height of the cut should not change when changing blades. Good luck.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I run gators on all my machines and am pretty happy with them, But now that i have seen so many posts complaining that they clump I am starting to notice it too.... Not bad enough to complain though.. I find that the clumps occur only when the grass is wet and high.. but those clumps are so finly mulched that a hit with air and they disappear... I am not bagging So that makes it quicker than if the grass clipping s were twice as high... ??? But I think I am going to try swithcing back to regular high lifts and see if I notice a diff, I have been using the gators for ?? probably 5 or 6 years.... Maybe I'm toooo used to them....