blades with an ultravac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mr. k, Sep 29, 2004.

1. mr. k

mr. k LawnSite Member

I bought a 27/60 lazer recently with an uv and since this is my first season using it for leaf cleanups I was wondering what the best blade setup would be. Thanks.

Rich

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mr. K,

I'd probably lean toward the solid air foil blade and would consider the Extreme blade if the leaves are dry to help chew them up a little more before sending them out the deck to the hopper.

Thanks

Terry

3. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I use Gators with my 52/23 HP with the UV.. If I really want to reduce the leaves.. I will mow with the Gators.. then hang the UV on and vacuum..... To reallly shred 'em.. I've found mowing in a circle to make a "line" or windrow of leaves, then BACKING through the pile really shreds them up... then I'll use the UV to vacuum the lawn.. leaves a real nice clean look, and greatly reduces the amount of leaves....
    Last season I did a job on a 33k sq ft property with 24 trees... I used my WB with mulchers, then vacuumed with the lazer... took about an hour and a half total, and all debris fit in 1/2 of my pickup bed.

4. mr. k

mr. k LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the replies, I'll give it a shot and let you konw how it works out. Thanks again

Rich