1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Miller Rules, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

Can any lawn care Pro from Florida tell me the best blades for cutting Bahia grass -I have a 48in. JD commercial mower if you need to know.
  2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am guessing that you need some high lifts.
  3. Miller Rules

Yes, I use mulching blades I buy at the local JD store .But I need something that works a lot better than those. Can you or any one els help me out.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, a high lift is the exact opposite of the mulching blade -
    A standard blade has standard lift. A mulching blade has LO lift and a HI lift blade has even more lift than the standard.
  5. Miller Rules

Whats the best high lift blade
  6. g5cutsgrass

g5cutsgrass LawnSite Member

Take a look at Gator blades for mulching. They cut clippings into small pieces so you don't have so many "clumps" to deal with. Do yourself a favor and have more than one spare set. Get them sharpened by your dealer frequently. Guys on here will tell you as often as every 10 hours of cutting; I'm having mine done every 40 hours, sooner if I find nicks or burs.