**Blades**

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by louisianalawncare, Feb 15, 2006.

1. louisianalawncare

louisianalawncare LawnSite Member

Anyone swithing to different blades or blade systems this year

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to try the Infusion blades, but I haven't found them online, yet...anyone know where to buy them online?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Try "Fusion" blades... you may have a bit better luck. I want to say they are made by Silver Streak, or Oregon, I can't recall which... I did a quick search and found that mowtownusa.com sells them. They are only available for some mowers though.

I have them for my Dixons. They do seem to stay sharp a bit longer. Only catch is that the "fusion" part is only about 3/8 inch deep into the bottom of the cutting edge of the blade. So after a couple dozen sharpenings you have sharpened past the fusion part and then it's just regular old hardened steel.

For dixons the extra cost wasn't too prohibitive, about $2 more per blade. The other difference was that for Dixons they were 1/4 inch thick steel as well, formerly their blades weren't that thick. Whether the preformance difference was due to the Fusion or the added thickness is anyones guess...

4. jtkplc

No, I meant Fusion, and I search for Fusion. I get mixed up because the Infusion is the basketball with the built-in micro pump...GRRRR hammer

Did you buy them from mowtownusa.com? Because I looked under Dixon and they didn't list the Fusion blade, just a Tungsten one, or is that the same thing?

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We are switching from medium lift blades to 3" wide hi lifts. We expect them to cut better in tall grass and wet grass because they will suck up the grass that the front wheels mash down better.

6. Jason Rose

well this is the dixon site that tells specifically about them http://www.dixon-ztr.com/fusionblade.php

7. jtkplc

I'm aware of what the blades are, I just want to know where I can buy them online, which I have yet to find any site that specifically says "Fusion".

8. Jason Rose

Oh, I gotcha... lol, I figured out what you ment by your question after I posted.

Yeah I don't know what to make of their site. I even typed in "fusion" into the search on the blades page and it came up with some but none were labeled "fusion" in the description...

Sorry that's not much help! All we need to to is pinpoint who makes the blades (I'm thinking oregon) and go directly to the source. http://www.oregonchain.com/index.htm

9. jtkplc

Yeah, Oregon makes them, and I've searched around their site in the past and haven't found any place to purchase them at. So I don't know...

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I'll go from gators to Toros atomic mulching blades...seem to work better for me.