Blades..?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by countryscaper, Mar 6, 2006.

1. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Last yr I tried the gator blades on my Exmark HP 52"...but it seemd like they created more build up under the deck...if the grass was somewhat high or thick and if I would hit a bump...clumps would come out onto the lawn...and I had to go back over it to clean it...Should I stick to the high lift blades instead of the gator?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello countryscaper,
    I would go back and try the high lift blades instead of the gator/extreme blades. Remember different blades might perform better on various turf and turf conditions. One blade might not work perfect all the time.
    Thanks Brian

3. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Ok...thanks Brian...is there a better High lift blade?...that Exmark thinks is better?...or just stick with what came on the Z?..Dale

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

There are High Lift solid blades and High lift notched blades for good general turf areas. The High Lift notched blade works best on 80% of grass conditions. If the High lift notched blade is the one you have I'd stick to it.
    Thanks Brian

5. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

Countryscraper, I tried sending you info on the jungle jack, but it said you can't receive pm's. Send me your email address or call me at 317-538-1762. Thanks. Scott