1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bubba, Mar 19, 2000.

1. bubba

bubba LawnSite Member

what blades are best used for st.augestine<br>how often sould blades be changed<br>using 60&quot; gravely pm260z

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

how do you like that mower. last year when i was hopping for a ztr my dealer was really pushing it. bu i went with a toro z master from him instead. i just dornt feel safe spending all that money on a mower that just came out....the bugs arent always worked out yet!

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

hey bubba,IDON'T KNOW THE BLADE TIP SPEED ON THE GRAVELY,BUT ON MY DIXIE I USE TWO SETS ON EACH SPINDLE,ONE MED. LIFT UNDER A GATORBLADE.WORKS GOOD FOR ME BUT IF GRAVELY HASN'T CHANGED SPINDLES LATELY(2YEARS)YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO WITH A HIGHLIFT BLADE ONLY AND SHARPEN THEM EVERY6-8 HOURS.FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

4. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Are you mulching? It really dose not matter.<br>A high or medium lift is fine. Just remember not to cut off more than a 1 1/2&quot; per cut and to cut at 3&quot;-4&quot; or higher. I change blades daily for a better cut. If you do not change the blades often you will be ripping the grass instead of cutting it.This will damage the top of the grass blades. If you are cutting bahia cut it at 2 1/2-3&quot; for best results.<p>----------<br>http://mowerparts.hypermart.net<br>

5. bubba

bubba LawnSite Member

Evan<br>the 260z is the first ztr that i have<br>bought but have had no problems with it so far.<br>have put only 68 hours on it though<br>